What Is The Hypopressive® Technique?
The Hypopressive® technique is a global postural and breathing technique originally created to help post-natal women prevent and/or recover from pelvic floor dysfunction (incontinence, prolapse ). It has evolved into a fitness program used by both men and women of all ages who are seeking to not only restore their pelvic health but to train the true function of their core.
Traditional approaches to pelvic health and core function focus on one segment of the core at a time, when the function of the core really needs to rely on the synergy of these deep muscles (pelvic floor, transverse abdominals, mulitifidus within the back) to balance and counter balance our everyday living.
The term ‘HYPOpressive’ refers to a decrease or reduction in pressure. This form of exercise reduces pressure to the thoracic, abdominal and pelvic cavities. Traditional exercises, abdominal training, gravity, as well as the majority of our daily activities are HYPERpressive – they increase intra-abdominal pressure.
The HYPOPRESSIVE exercise technique is a safe and effective way to train those muscles needed to withstand any problematic pressure that can result from our everyday activities or exercise, and allow us to safely and confidently continue doing what we love.
Is HYPOPRESSIVE® Fitness for you?
This form of training is ideal for those who....
- suffer from a pelvic floor disorder such as incontinence,sexual dysfuntion,prolapse or would like to prevent such disorders
- would like to train the true function of your core muscles without causing unwanted, problematic pressure to the pelvic floor
- are interested in preparing your body for pregnancy
- are ready to recover your pelvic health and safely improve your abdominal tone and diastasis recti after childbirth.
- aim to decrease waist size, improve posture, flatten abdominals, improve circulation and respiration and or improve athletic performance
The HYPOPRESSIVE Fitness program is slightly modified if you are pregnant or who might have other contraindications.
Contact Coreset Fitness for more information.
Want to get certified as a Hypopressive trainer? Visit Hypopressives Canada for more information.