Maya /Prayer Pose
- On the floor with knees in line with the hips at 90%
- Knees are not too close together or too far apart, they should be straight down from the hip
- Feet flexed since you are not standing on them
- Making a triangle with forearms on the floor,
- The triangle is formed with the index fingers at the top of the triangle and the elbows the
bottom of the triangle.
- Head is resting where the hair line is ever so lightly on the floor just below your hands
- Gaze with your eyes towards your crotch so you feel a lengthening of the neck
- Make sure you are able to breath and your elbows aren’t too close together
- Yyou have to offer yourself support with your shoulder girdle so don’t let yourself sink between
your shoulder blades
- Once you have the pose set. Don’t forget to breath ... and fine tune it with the exhale.
- When you breath don’t round your back remember to breath laterally so you don’t do a cat
and cow movement with the breath